We hope you all had a restful Christmas break and are looking forward to the new year ahead.
With January now upon us, we thought you might benefit from a reminder of how to deal with disruption caused by adverse weather conditions. Read more
HR Admin & Payroll Service
Whilst both HR Administration and Payroll can be purchased as a stand-alone services, they are closely intertwined and we strongly recommend combining them for maximum efficiency and savings.
Please click on the titles below for a full description of that service and do not hesitate to contact us if you would like further information.
1. HR Administration service
Judicium Education HR Administration service is designed to alleviate the burden of on-going paperwork involved in managing employees. The service can be purchased as a stand-alone or in conjunction with Employment Law / HR compliance Service and /or our payroll service.
The service comprises:
1. Administration of the employee lifecycle including
- Maintenance of all employee personal, contractual and salary information
- Assistance with drafting job descriptions
- Drafting and issuing of employment contracts to new staff
- Drafting and issuing contractual variations
- Drafting and issuing Teachers’ Annual Statement of Earnings
- Administration of all absences including sickness, holiday and maternity/paternity leave
- Calculation of holiday pay, sick pay and redundancy pay where applicable
- Tracking and recording of all staff training and CPD
- Electronic reporting as and when required
- Liaison with Judicium Education Payroll on payroll matters
- Administration of termination of employment by resignations, retirements or redundancies
2. DBS processing and administration (there is currently a fee of £44 per check made by the Disclosure and Barring Service, plus a fee of £18 + VAT for administrative costs).
3. Provision of an HR Administration Portal enabling Schools to keep up to date records of employees’ personnel, salary and employment details. In particular, the portal allows you to:
- Create new HR records for new starters.
- View and amend personnel details.
- Record when someone leaves your employment.
- Record absence data.
- Keep a record of your employee’s employment history within your school.
- Record pension details for Judicium payroll clients.
- Retain relevant documentation.
In addition to the above information being shared between you and our Payroll and HR Admin services, this information can also be accessed by our Employment Law & HR Advisory service. This will enable those consultants to provide accurate and fact-specific advice and guidance, without the need for you to provide specific employee details.
2. School Payroll
The starting point with our school payroll service is to ensure that all staff members are paid accurately and on time.
Payroll within the school sector carries its own complexities not present in the commercial world. At Judicium Education we ensure that all our staff members have both the experience and specialist knowledge to handle the full range of issues that may arise.
Our service includes:
- Salary payments
- Liaising with LGPS and Teacher Pension Scheme
- Provision of pay slips
- Administration of salary sacrifice and other benefits
- Monthly reports
If you would like to talk you us about your HR Admin & Payroll needs, please contact us on the number above or use the contact us box below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tell me more about
Sign up to our newsletter
.... that our HR Advisory service now includes an annual visit to your school. You can use this visit to apprise us of any new developments in your school or alternatively to assist you with any HR issues that are better dealt with face to face.
There is no extra cost for this visit and it is available to all HR Advisory clients old and new. If you would like to book a visit by one of our consultants to your school, please contact us on 0845 459 7013.
"On a very positive front, the move away from LA based advice to Judicium has been the best move this school has ever made. The level of support and instant advise has been impressive and I have no wish to return to the "dark ages" of LA based support.” Andy Conlon, Head teacher - Oldfleet School