This course is an introduction into Annual Leave
This course will provide you with an overview of Annual Leave as follows:
- The Working Time Regulations (WTR);
- Annual Leave Entitlements for Teachers;
- Annual Leave Entitlements for Support Staff;
- Casual & Term Time only staff;
- Calculating holiday pay for casual and term time only staff - in light of the recent Employment Tribunal case;
- The Current Position of the Appeal - in light of the recent Employment Tribunal case;
- Current Options for the Employer - in light of the recent Employment Tribunal case;
- Does annual leave still accrued during sickness absence;
- What happens if an employee is sick during a pre-arranged period of annual leave;
- Does annual leave accrue during maternity leave;
- How should the School ensure employees who are on maternity leave are not disadvantaged in respect of their accrued annual leave entitlements;
- What happens if an employee has taken less leave than they have accrued upon termination of employment;
- What happens if an employee has taken more leave than they have accrued upon termination of employment; and
- Agency Workers and annual leave (amongst other basic working conditions).
Who is it for
This course is an introduction to Annual Leave and is aimed at aspiring members of the Senior Leadership Team, newly appointed Line Managers, members of the Governing Body and School Business Managers new to the role.
This course is available as part of our eLearning annual licence which includes unlimited access for your school to the full Human Resources eLearning Library for £985 plus VAT per annum.
Alternatively, if your school subscribes to our annual HR Advisory Service, you will receive access to our entire Human Resources eLearning library at no extra cost.
To successfully complete the course, learners will be required to pass a short assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be issued accredited certificate to download. The course equates to 1 hour of CPD.