This course will provide you with an overview of the law reagrding Maternity Leave.
This course will provide you with an overview of Maternity Leave as follows:
- Maternity Leave entitlement;
- Taking Leave;
- The obligation to carry out a Risk Assessment;
- Unavoidable risk to the employee;
- Time off for attending antenatal care appointments;
- Illness during late pregnancy;
- Premature babies and stillbirth;
- Rights during ordinary and additional maternity leave;
- Holiday entitlement during maternity leave;
- Keeping in Touch Days (KIT Days)
- Returning to Work;
- Changing the Expected Return to Work Date;
- An employee's rights upon returning to work; and
- Deciding not to return
Who is it for
This course is an introduction to Maternity Leave and is aimed at aspiring members of the Senior Leadership Team, newly appointed Line Managers, members of the Governing Body and School Business Managers new to the role.
This course is available as part of our eLearning annual licence which includes unlimited access for your school to the full Human Resources eLearning Library for £985 plus VAT per annum.
Alternatively, if your school subscribes to our annual Human Resources Support Service, you will receive access to our entire Human Resources eLearning library at no extra cost.
To successfully complete the course, learners will be required to pass a short assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be issued accredited certificate to download. The course equates to 1 hour of CPD.