This course will provide you with an overview of the law regarding Maternity Pay.
This course will provide you with an overview of Maternity Pay as follows:
- Pay Entitlement for attending antenatal care appointments;
- Unpaid Leave to Accompany a Pregnant employee;
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP);
- How to Qualify for Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP);
- What if an Employee doesn't qualify?
- Paying the employee Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP);
- Maternity allowance (MA); and
- Contractual maternity pay for Support Staff and Teachers.
Who is it for
This course is an introduction to Maternity Pay and is aimed at aspiring members of the Senior Leadership Team, newly appointed Line Managers, members of the Governing Body and School Business Managers new to the role.
This course is available as part of our eLearning annual licence which includes unlimited access for your school to the full Human Resources eLearning Library for £985 plus VAT per annum.
Alternatively, if your school subscribes to our annual Human Resources Support Service, you will receive access to our entire Human Resources eLearning library at no extra cost.
To successfully complete the course, learners will be required to pass a short assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be issued accredited certificate to download. The course equates to 1 hour of CPD.