This course will provide you with an overview of the law regarding Parental Leave.
This course will provide you with an overview of Parental Leave as follows:
- What is Parental Leave;
- Who can apply for Parental Leave;
- How much leave can an employee take;
- How should employees apply for Parental Leave;
- What if you can't agree to the request;
- What T&C's apply during parental leave;
- What rights do they have on their return to work;
- Can Employers be more generous;
- Tribunal Claims by employees;
- Suffering a detriment;
- Automatic unfair dismissal; and
- The Process of making a claim.
Who is it for
This course is an introduction to Parental Leave and is aimed at aspiring members of the Senior Leadership Team, newly appointed Line Managers, members of the Governing Body and School Business Managers new to the role.
This course is available as part of our eLearning annual licence which includes unlimited access for your school to the full Human Resources eLearning Library for £985 plus VAT per annum.
Alternatively, if your school subscribes to our annual Human Resources Support Service, you will receive access to our entire Human Resources eLearning library at no extra cost.
To successfully complete the course, learners will be required to pass a short assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be issued accredited certificate to download. The course equates to 1 hour of CPD.